Looong quick white worm?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Calvin

Aquarium Advice Regular
While inspecting the tank tonight, I saw what I thought was a peanut worm duck into a small hole. While I watch using indirect flashlight light, this little critter reached up,from a small hole hidden by small patch of hair algea the snails just will not eat, about 2.5 inches and tried to grab onto another patch of hair algea and pull it down to it. This worm like fellow was white, very thin and very very quick. It looked to be fairy strong judging by the way it grasped onto the algea and tugged. It did this a few times before the light spooked him. It was amazine how quickly it reached up and streched out. I'vw checked the FAQ's and didnt find anything.

TIA,
Calvin

That may be it. From what I could tell it was all while without any segmentation. I also got the impression that it lived in a rock.

I have one also. it shoots out of a hole grabs something in about a 1" radius and yanks it back to the hole. it may poke its head out for 20-30 sec then ducks into the hole again. after a min or so it does it all over again. i noticed that the rock is clean all around the hole. would love to figure out what it is. the worm is about the diameter of angel hair pasta and is white with some gray markings.

those led moon lights work great for observing all kinds of weird stuff at night.

I thought I had it IDed as a spaggetti worm until I got a good look at him. I'll try and post some pics/ video later tonight. \

Calvin

It definattly appears that what ever is shooting out is shooting out head first. maybe see eyes. not sure

It definitely appears that what ever is shooting out is shooting out head first. maybe see eyes. not sure

Back
Top Bottom