Ok so what is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rdnelson99

Aquarium Advice Addict
His is the biggest critter like this that I have seen so far. These two pics were taken back to back. Just 30 seconds before he stretched oxford the rock and was about 1/2" long and 1/4" wide.

Thanks Scubasteve03. From what I saw on-line when I goggled nubibranch and sea slug I am not sure if that is correct. It didn't have any tentacles or gills like what was pictured or described. I am pretty sure it is a sort of shells snail but not certain. I had some that were tiny by comparison but nothing this big by any means. I suspect it is nothing to worry about but I would like to be sure. I will try to get some better pics.

I think they are stomatella varia. I found one in kind of a dormant "please act like you don't see me" phase in my tank and thought it was a limpet at first. Then I saw it again moving. I thought it might be a nudibranch at first, but found a pic online. They can move pretty quick if they want to. They are supposed to be harmless scavengers.

I think they are stomatella varia. I found one in kind of a dormant "please act like you don't see me" phase in my tank and thought it was a limpet at first. Then I saw it again moving. I thought it might be a nudibranch at first, but found a pic online. They can move pretty quick if they want to. They are supposed to be harmless scavengers.

I would tend to agree with you. Those pictures look closer to what I say last night. And yes, he is pretty quick. LOL

that is a stomatella snail.

Thanks Mr. X. I had a feeling that was what it was (but I couldn't remember the name) but it seemed so much bigger than the others I have seen in my tank. Looks like my 6 Line Wrasse is going to have a nice meal some day soon.

Back
Top Bottom