Please help Id this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nshepler

Aquarium Advice FINatic
These little white spots(maybe eggs) are growing on this newly bought frag of zoas. I've tried googling it but the only thing that comes up is zoa pox and I don't think that's what it is. These look more like eggs to me. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427550682.108784.jpg ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427550700.794200.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427550718.103831.jpg

Shep

Do the zoas not open? Are they just closed up because they are out of the water, or is something stressing them?

I'm not an expert but I've never seen white dots on any zoas before.

Shep

The ones with the white dots do not open. It's been that way for about 2 days.

Shep

Haven't dipped them, is there a DIY solution I could make. I can't go to my lfs today. Maybe like the Bayer dip?

Shep

That Bayer stuff is potent. If these things are parasites and they can be killed by a dip, that should do it.

Alright I'll Bayer dip them and go from there. Thanks guys. Always appreciate the advice.

Shep

I did some searching. That can be one of two things. They are either snail or nudibranch eggs. Can simply be removed with tweezers, but when it comes to nudibranch you should do a dip. You never end up being able to catch them all, be it adult or egg.

So all of the zoas that were infected are now open and seem to be fine now. The white dots are still there but I think they are fading.

Shep

This is what I believe is the egg layer. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427941145.192853.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427941172.670678.jpg it's a snail with a very flat brown shell on top. Any idea? Harmless?

Shep

Yup thats it. Did a quick google search. Could the eggs be harming my zoas though?

Shep

Should I pick the eggs off or wait them out?

Shep

Back
Top Bottom