Realy big worm?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cunningham

Aquarium Advice Regular
My friend has this worm in his tank and it's bin comin out at night but recently he noticed it during the day and it's about a foot long and as thick as a sucker stick handle or the lead on a pencil
It's got little legs like a centipede and he's really worried
He thinks he got it from a rock he bought from someone that hadtheir tank setup for like 8 years
Please anyone that knows what it is or if he should catch it

image-1521122154.jpg

I got a video but I can't attach it so if someone wants i can email them the video
Thanks

Eunicid worm, aka bristle worm. Get rid of it. It'll eat your coral. Also, don't handle it with out fairly thick gloves. They got nasty defenses on bare skin.

Matthewjasonzahn said:
Eunicid worm, aka bristle worm. Get rid of it. It'll eat your coral. Also, don't handle it with out fairly thick gloves. They got nasty defenses on bare skin.

Bristle worms do not eat corals. They are scavengers and eat left over food. You do not need to get rid of them if you don't want. 90% of the time you will never see them.

If im correct "fireworms" a type of bristle worms are the only ones that eat corals. Regular bristle worms are good for the tank but if they reach a large size then i would remove them.

I've never had to get one out but i would not touch it. THe bristles will sting you. They dont like light so cut all the lights off so that they will come out. Maybe try using a net?

Back
Top Bottom