Soft Coral Identification

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mbsifers21

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Can anyone tell me what kind of Soft coral this is(the large purple on in the middle)....And if you have any ideas on how to frag it i would really appreciate it thanx

Attachments

• coral.jpg
    coral.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 101
You need to cut it half through the mouth. If feeling real ambitious, you can cut into into 4 peices. But you will need to get it off that rock. o and its a mushroom.

or you could wait and in no time you'll have 30 of them. i have heard of someone who put a mushroom in a blender and poured the slurry in their tank and they had them popping up all over the place not long after. not that i condone this....i'm partial to waiting. those are fast growers.

mr_X said:
or you could wait and in no time you'll have 30 of them. i have heard of someone who put a mushroom in a blender and poured the slurry in their tank and they had them popping up all over the place not long after. not that i condone this....i'm partial to waiting. those are fast growers.

Haha that made me laugh.

mr_X said:

I just saw that YouTube video. The guy literally put 3 or 4 mushrooms in a blender and hit blend. Then poured the resulting pieces into his tank and apparently they took hold.

Mushrooms usually spread on their own just fine without being blendered, If you only have one wait until it reproduces on its own first before you decided to start cutting on it. That way you will still have a full mushroom,

Lol. I dont think ill be putting it in a blender anytime soon. Think ill just wait it out and see what happens

Back
Top Bottom