something growing on my rock...algae? caluerpa? aliens?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In the second pic (stuffonrock2.jpg), the circled area in the foreground looks much like a foraminiferan but the one at the back is rather unclear. It moreso resembles a coral or tunicate but I cannot tell which.

Cheers
Steve

they're both the same stuff, but the light makes them look a little different. The pics are fuzzy, but i'll take a few more and hopefully it'll help.

thanks

Pretty sure they are forams of some type...

Cheers
Steve

hmmm...seems that the forams are perhaps a little small. The piece of "stuff" in the picture is about 2 inches wide and 1 to .5 inches tall. They are growing extremely fast. That you see is maybe 1 month of growth. There is actually a small piece growing on my bird's nest coral. It feels very rubbery, and is difficult to pull off the rock.

Without better (focused) pics it's hard to be sure. The pinkish ones in the forefront of the pictures do seem to be forams but as I said I am unsure of the one near the back. It does not look similar to a foram.

As to thier size, I have several forams in my tank that are quite large. They are not always small especially if there are no natural predators.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom