something growing on rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nicksgirl

Aquarium Advice Activist
These things appeared overnight. I have a bit of bubble algae in another spot so I guess this could be more of that.. But I also have had the sudden appearance of two different kinds of nudies or flatworms (not sure which). I had a small aptasia recently also. (which I killed with Joes Juice about 48 hours ago.

Maybe these are more of one of those? They look like eggs to me. They are all pretty much the same size and shape but you can only get a clear view of one of them on camera... (the one circled). It is hanging on the edge of the piece of rock above/next to it on the right.

What do you think?

For ones that small, I'd just leave it and try to control it through extra water changes. Larger bubbles can be manually removed by gently twisting them from the rock. You want to be sure you don't pop them, that will help them spread. Removing them outside the tank is safest if possible. And having a bucket of sw to rinse them with before replacing them back into the tank is a good idea as well.

Back
Top Bottom