Something on my 2nd zoa colony.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Beau_123

Aquarium Advice FINatic
There is this weird looking thing in the middle of the zoas.

Attachments

• image-3127095905.jpg
    image-3127095905.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 110
  • image-1451125188.jpg
    image-1451125188.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 121
  • image-780390945.jpg
    image-780390945.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 120
You can buy Aiptasia X from your LFS. Be careful though. Don't wanna get it on the zoas. Maybe touch them (with a glove) to close them up then inject the Aiptasia X into the center of the Aiptasia. Don't rip it off. They spread really easily.

Yup! Exactly. I've heard of people injecting them with lemon juice or boiling water.... But the Aiptasia x is cheap enough and it comes with two different applicators. Good luck with it! I've used it before with great results. Just make sure you turn off your powerheads and everything when you use it do the stuff doesn't blow around.

So turn off the power heads then inject it then how long should I wait to turn them back on.

It goes away in a few minutes. I inject it then cover its whole body and wait. You'll see the white stuff blow around and disappear and the anemone is gone after.

So I take it that this nem does not need as much light as other nems.

I have no clue as to Aiptasia requirements but I'm guessing its very hardy. How old is your tank anyway? Just curious.

Kill it, you can boil lemon juice and inject it right in and watch it die. Or like suggested Aptasia X.

Good luck

So I take it that this nem does not need as much light as other nems.

Yeah, it is a very hardy anemone.. once was a delight to have in a tank bit now they are pests that can kill everything and spread like a weed

I just use peppermint shrimps, right before the lights in the tank go out, touch the apatasia with something causing it to shrink, then the peppermint will come eat it up doesnt matter if its a big one or not, cause its shrunkin the pep will mow down!

Killed the aipatasia ya

Attachments

• image-1233881481.jpg
    image-1233881481.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 56
Back
Top Bottom