Strange creature

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jim D

Aquarium Advice Regular
Looking at my sun coral I found a strange creature. It's mostly inside what looks like a wormcast on the sun coral, emerging a little to feed I think. I can only see about 2 to 3mm of it, about 4 to 5 tenticles, purple in color with lighter tips, like a little squid. It seems to give of a sticky substance that catches particals floating by. It then draws this into what I presume is its mouth. It also has two tiny ring markings on it. I cant get my camera to focus on it. if any fish gets near it retreats into its tube. Any ideas

-Strangest thing Ive seen.....I keep thinking about the little shop of horrors movie and I'm gonna go into my livingroom to be greeted by this monster.

Doing a search of what you named my creature comes up with a wonderful insight into Vermetid snails and I think you are correct....going to read some more, Cheers

Jim D said:
2 to 3mm of it, about 4 to 5 tenticles, purple in color with lighter tips, like a little squid. It seems to give of a sticky substance that catches particals floating by.
Didn't happen to look similar to this did it?

Spaghetti_Worm_StL.jpg

Cheers
Steve

Edit... Moved to SW identification forum... §

Sorry steve......don't look like that. It's very small? mm in size.

Back
Top Bottom