Tale of 2 crabs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

canadian_eh

Aquarium Advice Regular
To further enjoy my new-found addiction I decided to see what kind of night life I could find in my tank. I found these two and wanted opinions on them.

The first one scares kinda freaks me out. I think its a crab? I'm using my nightshot video camera to try and see if he'll come out more and get a better pic (he's very light sensitive) To me this one looks like it has to go.

The second one is obviously a crab and seems to just go about picking at LR. I think he's ok to keep?

TIA

If I'm seeing them well the first one looks like the crabs at the store that look like tarantulas. If so and they sell them they must be ok. The second one might be some kind of rock crab or what someone told me may be a ?peacrab? Of course the pictures are very small but those are some ideas to start with. HTH

Thanks Kat. That first one is really pretty freaky. I think I'll try to catch it to get a better pic. Figure it can't hurt to practice catching crabs.

As for the second one, I saw about another 3 of them last night. They are all a little different. One is almost see through. they are all really small like maybe 1/8". I saw one crawl right over a snail without harming it and another perch on top of a snail for a while so I guess they are ok.

Back
Top Bottom