Weird slug and anemone???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

King Supra

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I found this weird slug like critter in my tank the other day I have no idea what it is. And the anemone my uncle has had for months now and is tan in color it latches onto anything that touches it and has paralyzed his emperor Angels face here's the pics

Your slug doesn't appear to be a nudibranch. It could be a chiton...but I would want to say some sort of elephant slug, which is a limpet if I remember correctly.
As for the anemone, it looks like a large majano really.

the nem is a condy

was thinking stominela
Stomatella-800x600.jpg

but looking at shell not 100% sure
could be a conch
compare yours and the other one almost look a like

img_3227230_1_72a908823906948d602522c088ca7d43.jpg

240863.jpg

shell is to rounded to be a limpit , limpits have more a pyramid shape
https://www.google.com/search?q=sal...%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FLimpet;2304;1728

That's a majano anemone. They spread very quickly and are hard to eradicate. I would figure a way to remove and/or destroy that before it becomes a serious problem. If you can remove the rock and scrape it off completely, that would work. Be careful not to tear it up inside the tank as any part of it that survives will spawn more.

Oh wow ummmm ok haha I'll let my uncle know ASAP as for the slug I saw it caught it took pics and then it disappeared it looks like that first slug picture posted

Back
Top Bottom