What algae is this? Diatoms right?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Massimo

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm also getting it in my substrate

Attachments

• image-2680206047.jpg
    image-2680206047.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 114
  • image-3258323818.jpg
    image-3258323818.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 104
  • image-1731103898.jpg
    image-1731103898.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 113
Your tank is newly set up if I remember right? It's most likely diatoms. It will clear up. Probably get worse before getting better.

Yeah it's cycled, maybe it's a diatom bloom?

Been setup since October so yeah it's a new tank

I'm pretty sure its diatoms also, it's normal to randomly get a diatom bloom? Also how do I get rid of it?

I'm pretty sure its diatoms also, it's normal to randomly get a diatom bloom? Also how do I get rid of it?

Yes it's common. What I did was added a small clean up crew (CUC) and that helped, also water changes helped too.

But in the end, it's gonna run its course.

What do you recommend for a clean up crew? I have 3 hermits in there now, a coral banded shrimp and 2 clowns.

Like 3 or 4 snails would be good? Scared that my hermits are gonna kill them

I put 300 very small blue legged hermits, when I first started. Never got anything on the rocks. About 60 bucks.

What do you recommend for a clean up crew? I have 3 hermits in there now, a coral banded shrimp and 2 clowns.

Like 3 or 4 snails would be good? Scared that my hermits are gonna kill them

Some snails assorted. Maybe a nice turbo snail, some hermits also would be fine.

Yeah the thing is, blue legged hermits are 8.99 a pop at my LFS..... And the normal ones are 2.99

I live in Canada, they don't ship here:( thank you tho! Plus even if they did, the fish/crabs would be frozen when they get to my door

Check reefs2go.com they have some alge pack to help, pods eat it and your fish will love you. Lol
500 pack free shipping on that one.

Yep its pretty cold up here. About 2 feet of snow fell yesterday. Had to shovel my entire driveway and my grandmothers walkway:( took me about 5 hours

Back
Top Bottom