What are these?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BonnieC

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just brought home my little 10g nano tank a few days ago (was pre-built for me).

I'm seeing these wierd little tentacle things on some rocks that weren't there the other day (wondering if these are the same thing like in the other post).

Here are some pics, but my tank is half moon shaped and i cant get rid of the distortion! Grrr (Note to self when I upgrade to a bigger tank...get a FLAT tank so I can take pics).

img_1094006_0_27766f3e606338ca1e3b3b0aa49fa25f.jpg

img_1094006_1_b8e0ae1cea6e1fdd93dce08e1e3086fd.jpg

P.S. Is that brown in my sand ok?

Looks like spinoid worms. It's a good thing. Your sand will discolor as it ages and more scum gets sucked into it. Is your LR all the way to the bottom of your tank?

Im not really sure to be honest. It's a little 10g nano tank that is 6 weeks old and I bought it all finished.

He said that the LR (and the sand) was seeded so that only some of it is live. But I'm not sure how to tell what's live and what isnt.

If it's on the bottom, is that bad?

By live that person means it is full ov good bacteria and spiniod worms come in with the live rock and or live sand. the more you look the more little creatures you will find that pop up in your tank as it matures. That is the reason some animals need a more mature tank then others. These animals are called hitchhikers and you can read about them here:Xtalreef

Those are definitely spionid worms. I had a TON of them in my 55G reef and it was pretty ridiculous. I had a decent sized bug fall in my tank once and fall to the sand bed and one of those spionid worms tried to eat the whole thing. Pretty crazy.

Back
Top Bottom