What is this? Tentacle?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moose821

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400886239.433849.jpg

Ok so I can't post a video but I saw this thing that looks like a tentacle reaching out of a rock grabbing stuff. Had the tank for a few months now and I've never noticed it before. Brittle star?

I was thinking about buying 1 too lol lucky me I guess. Do they always hide or do they eventually come out and move around?

I was thinking about buying 1 too lol lucky me I guess. Do they always hide or do they eventually come out and move around?

I can tell ya some about it but not able to answer that question. I just purchased some LR today and got 5 of them with it. My trusted LFS told me they aren't always available but many people will pay decent money for them.

Yea I saw a video on YouTube about them one of the coolest looking animals I've ever seen I hope mine moves around the tank eventually

img_2954255_0_681c913b9f6a4444520bf0c316459c51.jpg

just had to add my serpent star

Nice, although I'm a little concerned I may have a fire bristle worm. I plan on adding corals once the tank is mature enough to handle them.

Nice, although I'm a little concerned I may have a fire bristle worm. I plan on adding corals once the tank is mature enough to handle them.

There is no such thing as a fire bristle worm. The only fireworm that is harmful to our tanks is Hermodice carunculata, the Caribbean coral eating fireworm and that's not it. Bristle worm and fireworm are general names given to any polychaete worm with sharp "bristle like" setae.

Thank you very much for the info. I would have hated to remove it just to find out that it wasn't harmful.

Back
Top Bottom