What the heck is in my tank???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr.5150

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was looking at my tank and i noticed a few small worm / slug like creatures on the glass...they don't crawl like pods do instead they move more like worms or slugs. they are maybe 2 or 3 times the size of a pod so they are still very small. First i thought i was some brown smuge on the glass and when i used my magfloat to clean it off the thing started to slither through the cleaning bristles on the magfloat and just slither out of it and swam off. Someone at the LFS told me that they might be flat worms. I'm still not sure though i have never seen them before in my tank and they just started showing up. Can anyone tell me what they are and if they are benificial or harmful and maybe how i can get rid of them? THANKS!

i can't post a pic i have no cameria sorry... but its small brown and moves like a worm thats as much as i can describe it...

Hey,
Yea i looks like one of those in the pictures but it is very small...like the size of a period made with a sharpie. Its brown. It shows up on front of the glass every day. I heard that these things can be a problem. What should i do to prevent more from coming or to get rid of the ones i have? should i be worried? I don't really have much in the tank right now ... just a few assorted snails and hermits. Any more advice is greatly appriciated...THANKS

Back
Top Bottom