Whats fhis?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't really tell but from the looks but it might be sponges or a dieing mushroom

I don't think aipista look like that and I had mushrooms and sponges looking like that before bit if you touch it with something I believe aipista will close in fast

This is the only better pic I can do it seems to like the high flow part of the tank when my rock was somewhere else it didn't oped fully but as soon as it got better flow it opened right up

Attachments

• image-1356120365.jpg
    image-1356120365.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 144
Try and get a better pic if you can. I would lean towards a sun coral also. I have a big colony and its awesome, it's likes the shade :)

I would say not a sun coral based on that picture. Looks more like a zoanthid polyp of some type.

Balanophyllia would be my guess. See if it will take prepared foods....edit that...didn't see the last picture. Interesting. Looks like a yellow aptasia, though I've never seen one.

When they retract they invert themselves if that makes any sense they pull into the rock and when I look at it they have no tenticles showing just a smooth sorta bowl shape

Back
Top Bottom