What's this thing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks llike you have the upper hand on it now. The things that cyano does not like is..increased flow rate, decrease the amount and duration of your lights and cut down on your feeding. So great, just keep it up and you should be fine.
Tanks looks great.

Okay, the best way to be sure that it's okay to add another fish or so is to test your water. If your readings of ammonia and nitrite remains at 0 for a few days then it's okay to add them.

Alright here is what's going on now. I have some more pink stuff growing. This stuff looks like pink hairs kinda. I have some on the sand and some on the rocks. Now what do I do? And I thought I was on the road to recovery.

4841644259_77a20451c3_b.jpg

4841642949_286c3522e5_b.jpg

Looks like more cyano...and some hair from a barbie doll.:D

Just keep up the maintenance for that cyano...It doesnt just go away all at once. Just dont give up, it will die off.

Ive never seen that color before...Weird!

Matt

Me too, the first is classic cyano, the second I really don't know.

Oh ok Thanks. I thought it would stop growing once I changed everything I was doing. I guess I'll just have to suck it out again when I do the next water change. Thanks.

Point one of your PH in that direction and that should help to prevent it from coming back.

i went to a local fish store and he told me that I need some blue crab guys that eat green hair algae. What do you think about that?

i went to a local fish store and he told me that I need some blue crab guys that eat green hair algae. What do you think about that?

Sounds reasonable to me. I like the scarlet hermits the best though. They are always eating something and they look great! Keep in mind that hermits may become trouble makers. Ive never had a real problem with them, but others sure have!
Matt

what kind of problems? Do these guys eat that red algae too? If not what does?

Hermits have been known to:
1-Kill snails for their shells
2-Fight/kill each other over shells
3-Irritate corals from them crawling over them/knocking them over
4-Getting a taste for left over fish food rather than the algae they are meant to eat
5-On rare occasion, kill and eat other critters that are sick or having a bad day.

Some may eat it, but none of mine seemed to eat it. They will eat others though. I mostly see them eating detritus.

Matt

Thanks. I know I've been trying to get a handle on. I've had this problem forever. I don't think the link work. It just took me to a main page of another site.

Hey guys sorry I haven't been able to get on in a while. I've been kinda busy. But I my tank is doing awesome. I got rid of the red slime stuff and my green hair algae almost gone too. Its pretty short and I got some blue carbs that have been eating it. Anyway I got this thing the other day but I can't remember what it's name is. Can you guys give me some help please?

4894779417_7a22511bc3.jpg
[/url]
Coral by bigguy6020, on Flickr[/IMG]

Looks like a "candy cane coral". It doen't look to happy.

Green hair algae definitely doesn't look "almost gone". If you say it almost gone now, I'd hate to have seen it when you thought it was a problem.

TC, that coral might not be as bad as it looks with the light on the top too pieces. Justa weird reflection I think.

Back
Top Bottom