White spirals on glass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

biotoxin

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys,

I just set up a refugium and put in some gracillaria, maidens hair and grape caulerpa in the fuge. Now all the sudden on my glass i have what looks like tiny white spirals. I can scrape them off but now they're all over the place. What are these things?

DSCN5427.jpg

They are small calcerous tube worms, they are filterfeeders and IME, they will crash on their own. Conditions are good right now in your tank for their proliferation as the tank matures they should slow down.

reefrunner69 said:
as the tank matures they should slow down.

:cry:

But what about our starry seascape!

hehehe :p

Well I spose if we want them that bad after they stop growing everywhere, we could leave the little skeletons stuck to the glass LOL

thats wierd I saw what was described above.. but it had tentacles and seemed to semi fly way.. almost like jelly fish.. what the heck are they?? they aren't worms like what is posted above...

Electrobes said:
almost like jelly fish.. what the heck are they?? they aren't worms like what is posted above...
Probabley a type of comb or other hydroid jelly. They are common hitchiker with LR and especially caulerpa.

Cheers
Steve

I second that, those little guys that look like little white spiders with round centers and they hang on the glass and half of their legs usually blow around in the current.

Back
Top Bottom