Yuma or shroom?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

got bait?

Aquarium Advice FINatic
These have bright yellow mouths and look like they could be a ricordia, but I know there are hundreds, if not thousands of different shrooms.
Please ID.
Got this rock with 22 polyps for $25. A good deal either way :wink:

Nice Shrooms
So rev. you say shrooms eh? Thats a vote for each. I have just not seen any shrooms, in my short 2 yrs in this hobby, with bright tellow mouths.
What happened was the LFS owner was on vacation and he had his daughters running the store. I asked how much for the rock and she said $25, I said here's the money. They truely look and act like ricordias to me. But like I said, I only have a short time in this hobby.

Here is a very poor pic of my ricordias. Sorry it's so fuzzy but you can see the yellow/green mouth in the top one. I believe this is what you have. HTH

Looks like them, except not so profound stripes. Just can't believe I got a (20) polyp ricordia colony for 25 bucks! Right place at the right time I guess.

Yep, awesome deal. I got about six polyps for 30 bucks.

Oh, they aren't really striped, it's just the crappy pic making them look that way. They aren't laying flat on the rock.

Yep, awesome deal. I got about six polyps for 30 bucks.
Even 6 for 30 is a good deal!

These don't lay flat either, like most shrooms. I say most, cuz there is always an exception to the rule. Their posture, if you can call it that, is very similar to my other Yuma and Florida rics.

Back
Top Bottom