Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Show Off/Photography
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-16-2011, 10:57 AM   #11

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyhead View Post
Right, but to **** with the clients. It's about doing your best. Your taking their money, telling them they are getting the best, and they aren't. It's dishonest. I suppose if you have no sense of self that's a perfectly fine way to operate a buisiness. Personally mine operates on honesty. People send me their cameras, well, one because I'm one of 3 people that will fix your exakta, 2, I'm going to do as good of a job as I possibly can every single time. You don't seem to care to do that. Justifying using second best with "I don't really care" doesn't do your reputation any favors.
what are you talking about? i am doing my best based on a 2011 standard.

people dont hire me because of what i tell them either, they hire me based on my previous work and product that they can see for themselves.

i would never be dishonest about anything that i do or offer.

honestly, if you told any of the young couples these days that you'd shoot their wedding in film they'd probably look at you and say "what the heck is film?"

clearly our business is greatly different so who are you to come out and blab and call me a lier

Old 01-16-2011, 11:18 AM   #12
Dividing by 0
Community Admin

POTM Champion

I had no idea how personal this discussion could become. Very entertaining

Personally, I have to agree with 360. What matters is if clients are happy with what they are getting.

Old 01-16-2011, 06:26 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360 View Post
what are you talking about? i am doing my best based on a 2011 standard.

people dont hire me because of what i tell them either, they hire me based on my previous work and product that they can see for themselves.

i would never be dishonest about anything that i do or offer.

honestly, if you told any of the young couples these days that you'd shoot their wedding in film they'd probably look at you and say "what the heck is film?"

clearly our business is greatly different so who are you to come out and blab and call me a lier
You just said you aren't doing the best, that you don't need the best equipment. That you can just fix it in post. Well, if you are doing things that way, you aren't giving them the best. You could do better, but you choose to be cheap instead.

lier? I think you mean liar.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:29 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by fort384 View Post
I had no idea how personal this discussion could become. Very entertaining

Personally, I have to agree with 360. What matters is if clients are happy with what they are getting.
Clients are idiots. They don't know good from bad. They feel happy if they spend money. Particuarly wedding tards. Charge them enough money and they think everything is fantastic. People usually aren't capable of being critical of things they are emotionally attached too. Most people get very emotionally attached to their wedding. You really can't loose. And with some couples you can't win either. You could go out there and put together a spetacular album for them, and they would hate it.

That photo of 360's though, I woudln't be happy with that. It simply looks fake. The skin tones are terrible, the sky looks terrible, the artificial sharpening around the subjects is obvious. It just looks like crap.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:53 PM   #15

POTM Champion

yeah its easy sit there and type away and critique other people, while hiding your own work.

the point of that shot was to show that dynamic range can be achieve with a digital photo with one exposure.

can calling clients idiots really makes you look like an idiot.

if the people paying are happy with a certain product and future clients are impressed with the product. what else matters? defiantly not your opinion, cuz you're probably some old fart stuck in the past

and if you think that a sharp image looks fake, then you clearly need glasses.... real life looks pretty sharp to me
Old 01-16-2011, 09:58 PM   #16
Dividing by 0
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Quote:
Clients are idiots. They don't know good from bad. They feel happy if they spend money.

Well, this may be true for a lot of areas, but unfortunately if you are running a business, all that matters is what the client thinks.
Old 01-16-2011, 10:38 PM   #17

Quote:
yeah its easy sit there and type away and critique other people, while hiding your own work.

the point of that shot was to show that dynamic range can be achieve with a digital photo with one exposure.

can calling clients idiots really makes you look like an idiot.

if the people paying are happy with a certain product and future clients are impressed with the product. what else matters? defiantly not your opinion, cuz you're probably some old fart stuck in the past

and if you think that a sharp image looks fake, then you clearly need glasses.... real life looks pretty sharp to me
Actually i'm 32, hardly old.

Real life ISN'T that sharp. Atmospherics ensure such. That image you showed simply looks un-natural. You are going to argue otherwise?
Old 01-16-2011, 10:42 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by fort384 View Post
Well, this may be true for a lot of areas, but unfortunately if you are running a business, all that matters is what the client thinks.
Depens on your business. Myself, someone sends a me a camera to work on, it gets done MY way. If they don't like it, then they can go someplace else, if they can find someone else.
Old 01-16-2011, 10:42 PM   #19

POTM Champion

Quote:
Actually i'm 32, hardly old.

Real life ISN'T that sharp. Atmospherics ensure such. That image you showed simply looks un-natural. You are going to argue otherwise?
no because its just not worth it. this argument is getting boring. i made my point that dynamic range is not a limitation of digital cameras
Old 01-16-2011, 10:46 PM   #20

Quote:
no because its just not worth it. this argument is getting boring. i made my point that dynamic range is not a limitation of digital cameras
It most certainly is. You can't create what isn't there, you can only simulate it. Film cameras catch what is exactly there.

As for being bored, you did it to yourself. You came onto MY thread and busted my chops for being a film shooter. The tread wasn't asking for your opinion on film [moderator edit].

Tags
film

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com