coral showcase thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well i was told this and have seen 2 really different types but im not possitive. Wonder why mine doesnt branch but keeps getting new heads.
Right. I've also seen some branch out and others grow close and bushy, as well as some that have short tentacles and others long lash type tentacles, but I've purchased frags from colonies that were branching and the frags grew bushy in my system.
I've never dove the barrier reef to see what type of environment these corals are in, so I can't tell how to make them branch out, but I will also say that every colony I ever imported came in branching. Never did I see one come in that grew in a bushy manner.

Nice! That Duncan looks good I picked up a single head and won't seem to get happy like the head is always half open... I know they don't like high light but do they also hate any flow?

This is my Duncan, he doesn't seem to mind med to high flow , I pointed one of my power heads directly at him to clear up some cyano that had been growing on the sand around him and didn't seem to mind at all

But when I first set my tank up it took at least a month for him to start opening up completely and I also dipped him in medicinal.

Attachments

• image-167992022.jpg
    image-167992022.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 106
100_0817.JPG

Duncan's are funny. My favorite coral, to the point where I have more than one in my heavily stocked reef. I see a different colored one and I have to have it. Yours is gorgeous. It's funny how I got the one branching...and it stayed that way until the head growth exploded and now it is a huge bush of 50+ heads.

Nice lobo! Very nice colony garrett! Glad to hear about the flow I like a lot and plan on adding more. Hank 50 head colony sounds sweet you gotta post a pic!

Scoly with a iPhone

Attachments

• image-3369313983.jpg
    image-3369313983.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 94
  • image-1464935105.jpg
    image-1464935105.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 84
Heres a mushroom ive had a while. It came free on some LR. From an angle it favors a rose nem.
img_2655211_0_061ff7b272de8a1a0b19ffbff06e7fd8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom