corydoras!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice !! False julii leopard cory,i always get mixed up lol here is my cory,left from another batch of fish i had,i did have some habrosus cory but had a mini.cycle disaster and lost them,i will get him friends soon when tank stabalises its nearly there,hoping to get a Betta too !! Here he is :

What kind he is very pretty!

My betta and one of my peppered cories eating dinner together.

Attachments

• image-1738481537.jpg
    image-1738481537.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 115
Here are my False Julii! These are the cutest and most active little catfish!
They started out in my 29G with gravel but they didn't not like the gravel and kept dying. Now have 6 of these in my 29G PFS tank.

Attachments

• IMG_1261.jpg
    IMG_1261.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_1264.jpg
    IMG_1264.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_1438.jpg
    IMG_1438.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 102
I believe the gravel is real hard on their barbells.

Exactely. The gravel I have is just regular pet store gravel which is pretty sharp. They kept loosing barbels and dying off. I moved the renaming two (1 which lost both barbels) into pool filter sand and added 4 more and they are happy now! :fish2: The GN Pleco loves the sand too!

These are some cories I have had. I disagree that regular aquarium gravel is an issue. I have kept all my fish on gravel, and so long as you properly clean it, there shouldn't be a problem. I had the albino cories for over 2 years on gravel. One actually was purchased without barbels. He regrew them in my tank and never lost them again. I sold him eventually.
The other cory is C. habrosus. I have had these for about 2 years as well and they have always been on gravel and I have never lost any barbels or had any issues. JMO/E.

Attachments

• P9061501.jpg
    P9061501.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 88
  • P8260695.jpg
    P8260695.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
These are some cories I have had. I disagree that regular aquarium gravel is an issue. I have kept all my fish on gravel, and so long as you properly clean it, there shouldn't be a problem. I had the albino cories for over 2 years on gravel. One actually was purchased without barbels. He regrew them in my tank and never lost them again. I sold him eventually.
The other cory is C. habrosus. I have had these for about 2 years as well and they have always been on gravel and I have never lost any barbels or had any issues. JMO/E.

Nice looking cory's! It's all personal preference and experience on the sand vs gravel issue with these guys. Let me tell you, there is nothing cooler than watching them playing in the sand.

There could be other reasons that I was loosing them. Just glad I have a steady school now!

Water quality has more of an impact on corydoras eroding barbels and fins than the texture of a substrate.
Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't keep them with stuff like crushed quartz which would be like shards of glass. Nitrates are BAD on other fishes appendages as well.
Corys really do luv sand tho!!!
>=)))(°>

Water quality has more of an impact on corydoras eroding barbels and fins than the texture of a substrate.
Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't keep them with stuff like crushed quartz which would be like shards of glass. Nitrates are BAD on other fishes appendages as well.
Corys really do luv sand tho!!!
>=)))(°>

I agree with all...... I have had them in rock and sand and they seem to be much happier in sand.

My Coreys I have 13 lost their barbels due to high nitrates not because of substrate I lost two because of high nitrates not because it was gravel and I have soft Riverock

Nice looking cory's! It's all personal preference and experience on the sand vs gravel issue with these guys. Let me tell you, there is nothing cooler than watching them playing in the sand.

There could be other reasons that I was loosing them. Just glad I have a steady school now!

Yeah great to see them nuzzling in sand and seiving the sand through the gills :)

well I guess I should show off a few of mine.

Here are my Bandit and False Julii Ticky and Tavy slumming it down in the bedrock.
ForumRunner_20130109_025056.jpg

And this is my other Julii doing who knows what. Maybe it wants a hug, maybe it's singing free falling by Tom Petty, or maybe it's showing Jack what flying on the Titanic is really about. No one will ever know
ForumRunner_20130109_025117.jpg

I also have another Bandit and a group of Peppered Cories but currently have no still shots of them. They always show up as a fast blur.

well I guess I should show off a few of mine.

Here are my Bandit and False Julii Ticky and Tavy slumming it down in the bedrock.

And this is my other Julii doing who knows what. Maybe it wants a hug, maybe it's singing free falling by Tom Petty, or maybe it's showing Jack what flying on the Titanic is really about. No one will ever know

I also have another Bandit and a group of Peppered Cories but currently have no still shots of them. They always show up as a fast blur.

Awwww lol ;-)

Back
Top Bottom