Delapool's 150 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice tank. I bet you guys have great selections of rainbowfish there in Australia.

Thanks!

I think so. It's something I wonder myself. I think the east coast when I get across has some nice fish we just don't see on the west coast.

I did see a quote for a quarantine check the other day to ship inter-state at $50 so I keep getting put off to investigate further. It would be nice though to look into more.

I've been wanting to put a shipwreck in my SW predator tank but with macro's around it ,
you just gave me a good direction

A ship wreck sounds nice! I've seen a few here with nice height to them that could work well.

Trying to resist putting more driftwood in here :) I'm going to have to clip part of a branch on one I think. I keeping knocking it when cleaning. Luckily it's pretty bendy.

Was in the lfs and decided to get some wisteria. Was forced to admit on planting that there really was no room in tank but it looked good in the shop :)

The ambulia is doing really well at back of tank and putting off shoots nicely. The giant hygro has started the usual habit of dropping lower leaves but the left side of tank doesn't look too bad. This side also has the CO2 reactor.

The right side of tank is ok'ish. The willow is I still think settling down I hope and getting used to life in this tank. Red alt not doing much but on the plus side, not getting the hair algae it got last time.

The BBA isn't really making a comeback so good there.

Wish I could fast forward a month.

74564-albums13177-picture69440.jpg

Left Side
74564-albums13177-picture69438.jpg

Right Side
74564-albums13177-picture69439.jpg

Tank Plants:-

Vallisneria (narrow and broad leaf).

Alternanthera reineckii (red alt).

Ceratophyllum demersum (foxtail).

Willow(?).

Giant hygro.

Ambulia.

Hygrophila difformis (Wisteria).

Tank looks great.
Funny getting stuff you thought would fit("it will"!)
Is that bumble bee ever coming out?

Was in the lfs and decided to get some wisteria. Was forced to admit on planting that there really was no room in tank but it looked good in the shop :)

The ambulia is doing really well at back of tank and putting off shoots nicely. The giant hygro has started the usual habit of dropping lower leaves but the left side of tank doesn't look too bad. This side also has the CO2 reactor.

The right side of tank is ok'ish. The willow is I still think settling down I hope and getting used to life in this tank. Red alt not doing much but on the plus side, not getting the hair algae it got last time.

The BBA isn't really making a comeback so good there.

Wish I could fast forward a month.
Tank Plants:-
Vallisneria (narrow and broad leaf).

Alternanthera reineckii (red alt).

Ceratophyllum demersum (foxtail).

Willow(?).

Giant hygro.

Ambulia.

Hygrophila difformis (Wisteria).

Nice looking tank.
I'm not much of an ornament fan (though I did have a castle before :ermm: ) I really do like the plane.
What substrate do you have other that the gravel?

Tank looks great.
Funny getting stuff you thought would fit("it will"!)
Is that bumble bee ever coming out?

Ha ha - yes, I think I disturbed more than I planted. One stem of red alt popped up and that looks really slow growing. Will have to try replanting tonight.

Still no luck with the bumblebee. I can see the shadow of it but nothing else. No more impulse buys at the auctions for me!

Nice looking tank.
I'm not much of an ornament fan (though I did have a castle before :ermm: ) I really do like the plane.
What substrate do you have other that the gravel?

I've got some pics further up but there is a mixture seachem flourite (red), a volcanic clay pellet and probably still some API laterite clay in there. The flourite had sharper edges than I expected but now in the tank I haven't noticed the substrate being too sharp. Will have to properly check.

I'm still tempted to buy a bag of hydroponics clay balls, crush them up and try it in the small tank. If the edges are too sharp I could always just ditch it in the garden. If they worked, it would be much cheaper.

A quick share of a yoyo loach sleeping. No idea why they sleep on their side except to fool their owners?

Didn't want to use a flash but he/she yawned a few times, rolled over and well you could almost hear the snoring.

74564-albums13177-picture69629.jpg

I have no idea, aside from the fact that it's apparently comfortable? I suppose for an animal that likes lots of flow and tight spaces it helps to be comfortable in any position, especially wedged where you can't get blown away. My biggest yoyo likes to sleep on top of the heater leaning on the control dial... They're so wonderfully odd :lol: I LOVE that picture :D

WOW!

After reading some anecdotal evidence and scientific studies on using a 3% epsom salt treatment soaked into their food to treat hexamita in ornamental cichlids, I used it to treat my readhead marble angelfish pair last night who have slowly had less and less appetite and vigor.

This morning they are eating MUCH better! I can't say for sure that it was the treatment but it is a very good positive result :D I'll continue the treatment for a few days and let you know how it goes.

Thanks for the share :). Grand news on your success and very keen to know how it all goes.

Nothing much to report here for the tank. I have a Seneye reef monitor on order so I can get some par readings between t5ho and LEDs. Worked out last night the red alt has grown about 2 inches in two months...

Last edited:
wish I could sleep that good lol , well at least he looks comfortable now he just needs a pillow :)
I have a giant domino damsel that sleeps on his side he blends in with the rock I kind of wonder if it is a sort of hunting tactic , play dead till all the critters come to clean up and munch

Whoo-hoo!!

The Seneye Reef turned up promising a PAR meter for plants :)

Pics of what it looks like up in a bit.

Very late Christmas gift. :) Running into heaps of trouble trying to order stuff. I gave up on ordering the Apogee PAR meter.

I found time to unpack this but ran into a small problem....

The meter comes with a 2 metre USB cable and I ordered 2 metres more. The Seneye meter reads PAR, LUX and Kelvin. Although I'd prefer the Apogee this may do the job.

I can't post any readings this weekend as I'd need to shift the computer to the tank to store measurements. I might see if I can borrow a laptop. I've ordered twice a USB power adapter from different companies as this will store measurements on a USB stick I believe. The other option is just about a wireless device which was as expensive as the meter. Grrr....

May just have to settle for learning how it all works and charts on the screen.

74564-albums14484-picture69711.jpg

74564-albums14484-picture69713.jpg

Last edited:
I might do a proper review thread on this later. It looks plug and play. The par meter will still work if one doesn't want to keep buying the ph / ammonia test slides. I hope to chart bulb decay on the lights as well as compare t5 to LEDs. The nerd in me finds the charting pretty cool.

Yet to really try out though.

74564-albums14484-picture69712.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom