Do you have photos of your tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

michealprater

Aquarium Advice Addict
If so, your gonna love this. www.aquariumpros.com has three photo contests for this month marine(FO or Fowlr) reef and freshwater. They are giving the winner of each contest 200 bucks to spend in the store. I encourage you guys to enter them. I mean, if you have all three types of tanks you could win up to 600 bucks!!! I just had to let you guys know.

I seen Kevin is in, come on people, how bout a little freindly compatition between the AA gang. Plus the winner will get a 200 dollar coupon, might as well be one of us.

Also, dont forget for you FO and freshwater guys, there are contest for you guys too. I have seen some great submissions on this site so I know everyone stands a chance.

I seen Kevin is in

Yep, I entered, I don't particularly care for his rules though. I can understand the rule about not closing submissions until there are atleast 4 different entrants (although it should be per catagory rather than closing them all at the same time), but the vote should be time sensitive. He's looking for a way out IMO. I looked over his forums and from the activity he has, it will take him months to get 25 votes per catagory. I really don't like the limitation of your pic being only 400pixels wide. But what the heck, 200.00 might be nice, even if it isn't awarded until christmas.... :lol:

Ya the contest rules are just a ploy to get more action on his forums, but I figure, heck, whaddaya got to loose, right?

Hm, Im kind of confused. When they say one unique entry they mean 1 tank can be entered per user but as many photos of that given tank can be submitted?

I see most submissions include multiple photos.

Since there are now 4 entries will he start the voting soon? Just curious how much longer I/we have to submit our tanks.

they mean 1 tank can be entered per user but as many photos of that given tank can be submitted
That is correct.

You have till all 3 contests have 4 entrants. So you should have a little bit. None of the contests are closed to entries yet.

Im bumping this to make new users aware of this contest. This site has allowed me to advertise AA so I am returning the favor. So far there is no marine FO entrants. I guess I am going to have to take pics of my 46 gallon fish only. Its still cycling, but what the hay.

As far as getting votes, we could just have our members go and vote. Just so that the vote number is reached, not to sway the vote in our favor.... unless we want a clean sweep.

They still have to have 4 unique entries in all three categories before voting can even start. Then all three categories have to have a minimum of 25 votes before the contest ends. So get them entries in people, even if it is just a full tank shot.

Back
Top Bottom