Finished DIY stand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chak1080

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
After owning my aquarium for a year and looking through this site, I decided I wanted to make a planted tank. I was planning on turning my 55 gallon into a planted tank, but by chance a friend decided he didn’t want to take care of his 15 gallon tank anymore. Since I had given him this tank and felt bad for the neglected fish I took it back and turned it into a planted tank. I’m new to this so I’ve been taking it slow. I have a DIY Co2 setup, been dosing fertilizer, and made my own light with compact fluorescents trying to keep it cheap. But I just finished this new stand for the tank, and decided to make this post because I’m pretty proud of it. I’ve never done woodworking at all, and made this with a simple circular saw. I tried to make it match my store bought 55gallon stand. What do you think? The tank needs a lot of work. I’ll tank any advice.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• stand 001.jpg
    stand 001.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 291
  • stand 002.jpg
    stand 002.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 304
  • stand 006.jpg
    stand 006.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 360
  • stand 007.jpg
    stand 007.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 297
The stand looks great. Much better than that old metal one your tank is on.
For the tank work. Add a background and move it to the stand. That alone will make it look much better.

What kind of wood did you use for the sides of the stand? I am currently in the process of building a stand for my 120 gallon tank.

On the sides I just used 1/4" plywood, however there is 2x4s running vertically for support. The 2x4s are definately overkill though, this little stand weighs a lot.

Fish is a FOOD consumed by many animal species, including humans. The word "fish" refers to both THE ANIMAL and to the food prepared from it.

After owning my aquarium for a year and looking through this site, I decided I wanted to make a planted tank. I was planning on turning my 55 gallon into a planted tank, but by chance a friend decided he didn’t want to take care of his 15 gallon tank anymore. Since I had given him this tank and felt bad for the neglected fish I took it back and turned it into a planted tank. I’m new to this so I’ve been taking it slow. I have a DIY Co2 setup, been dosing fertilizer, and made my own light with compact fluorescents trying to keep it cheap. But I just finished this new stand for the tank, and decided to make this post because I’m pretty proud of it. I’ve never done woodworking at all, and made this with a simple circular saw. I tried to make it match my store bought 55gallon stand. What do you think? The tank needs a lot of work. I’ll tank any advice.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
Really nice job.

Back
Top Bottom