Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Show Off/Photography
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-24-2012, 06:13 PM   #61
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Just picked up 5 (Yunnanilus cruciatus) Laos pygmy multi striped loaches they are so adorable! =)
i've heard from my seller that these are somewhat a rare kind of loach species. anyone else have any experience with them?
they were added into the 12gal with my betta.
they remind me of pygmy cories but skinnier =p ehe. can't wait to share the pics with you all after they settle in ^_^

the loaches are going to take a while before I can capture a shot of them.. they are super shy unlike my betta which loves the attention

Old 03-03-2012, 01:25 AM   #62

Talking !!!pic update!!!

im unsure if the pictures came out in my previous post. but here are update pictures i uploaded off of flickr, hopefully they show up.

all water perimeters are perfect ammo and nitrite 0 with nitrates at 10 ppm and just did my 30pwc this morning.

note: towards the end, the picture quality gets better since i started playing with Manual setting BUT i just couldn't catch any fish in the picture for some reason (fyi i didn't really know exactly what i was doing -.-)

-------------------------------
plants growth. 1 of the plants in the front far left didn't make it.

betta =)

betta + horned netrite

horned netrite snail =)

multi striped pygmy loaches (nearly impossible to capture)

loaches jolting

gotcha! ....sort of. lol

Old 03-03-2012, 01:26 AM   #63

Wink !!!pic update!!! continued...

shoaling

netrite + loach

BEST PIC but no fish!!!!

hope you all enjoyed them!!!
Old 03-03-2012, 01:36 AM   #64

oh and

my Samsung Galaxy s2 pictures after a pleasant discovery

;D
Old 03-03-2012, 02:30 AM   #65
Aquarium Advice FINatic

samsung galaxy s2 for the win!!! what are the pygmy loaches like? how big do they get? i have never heard of them
Old 03-03-2012, 03:01 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcal01 View Post
samsung galaxy s2 for the win!!! what are the pygmy loaches like? how big do they get? i have never heard of them
the pygmy loaches are grow no larger than 1". they are also known as laos multi striped pygmy loach,Vietnamese Multi Banded zebra loach, as well as Hovering Zebra Loach.

they are i believe a pretty new species of loaches. they are dwarf so they will stay small in their adult years.

my loaches has a slightly tan sandy color with either black ordark brown vertical stripes along the body depending on the individual loach. i have couple that are slightl deeper in overall colors.

they are super entertaining. i always find them playing together swimming through the bubbles of the filter waterflow or just pacing up and down the walls in couplets like synchronizing swimmers. they swim around all levels so its really fun to watch them hover all around the tank. i have 5 of them right now and luckily they are often shoaling/playing together.

they will scavenge for food through the substrate from time to time but mainly during feeding time but hey are so small it doesnt really disrupt the surface too much. interesting enough, they took care of a lot of my diatoms or some kind of algae that was really unappealing to the eye as well as cleaning all the dirts off the plants and at one point of time before i got the loaches my pre filter sponge was dirty of diatoms and stuff and they ate all those up clean~ they are overall great!! love them! definitely know how to work hard, play hard.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:30 AM   #67
Aquarium Advice Activist

Looks good. I'm glad you decided on the betta!
Golden Apple & Tiger Nerite Snails, Cherry & Amano Shrimp
BarleyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 04:26 PM   #68
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by miylee

the pygmy loaches are grow no larger than 1". they are also known as laos multi striped pygmy loach,Vietnamese Multi Banded zebra loach, as well as Hovering Zebra Loach.

they are i believe a pretty new species of loaches. they are dwarf so they will stay small in their adult years.

my loaches has a slightly tan sandy color with either black ordark brown vertical stripes along the body depending on the individual loach. i have couple that are slightl deeper in overall colors.

they are super entertaining. i always find them playing together swimming through the bubbles of the filter waterflow or just pacing up and down the walls in couplets like synchronizing swimmers. they swim around all levels so its really fun to watch them hover all around the tank. i have 5 of them right now and luckily they are often shoaling/playing together.

they will scavenge for food through the substrate from time to time but mainly during feeding time but hey are so small it doesnt really disrupt the surface too much. interesting enough, they took care of a lot of my diatoms or some kind of algae that was really unappealing to the eye as well as cleaning all the dirts off the plants and at one point of time before i got the loaches my pre filter sponge was dirty of diatoms and stuff and they ate all those up clean~ they are overall great!! love them! definitely know how to work hard, play hard.
Hmmm. I'm gonna have to look into these for my next tank. They sound really cool and entertaining
Old 03-03-2012, 06:48 PM   #69
Aquarium Advice Activist

Do they eat snails like some other loaches?
Golden Apple & Tiger Nerite Snails, Cherry & Amano Shrimp
BarleyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 03:31 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcal01

Hmmm. I'm gonna have to look into these for my next tank. They sound really cool and entertaining
You should!! You wont regret it

Tags
12g, aquascape, cap, fluval, fluval edge, val

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com