Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Show Off/Photography
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-21-2008, 02:35 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

Alright I'll give that a shot - I'm putting at the very back of the filter or the very front? There's the cartridges that it came with in the middle. Penguin Biowheel 350.

Old 03-21-2008, 04:50 PM   #12
Sliced Bread

Put it as the last thing the water flows through before it reenters the tank. let the standard media for the penguin capture the larger stuff, then this will catch the leftovers hopefully.

Old 03-31-2008, 12:14 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

Didn't clear it up!
Old 04-07-2008, 08:57 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quick update of growth.

Old 04-10-2008, 01:29 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to pitt420dude
Is the dust just actually bubbles? I (like most people I imagine) have those in my tank and they're fin. I think they actually look cool.

YOur plant growth looks great! They're taking off. What kind of lighting do you have, how do you fertilize?

LOOK! A NEW LEAF!!!!!
pitt420dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 08:12 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

I don't think they're bubbles. They could be but it doesn't look like it.

I have a Current USA 2 x 39 watt light with one bulb being 10000k and the other being 6700 which I dont like too much as it makes the tank look kinda yellowish, but ever since the new lights and the DIY CO2 the plants have really started to grow!

I do not fertalize yet. I was thinking about it, gotta head to the store.

I just put some java moss, tiny tiny little bit on the drift wood and I'm hoping that will grow quick and cover the bottom of the tank and the wood.
Old 04-11-2008, 06:27 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Are those just overturned black flower pots half-buried in the gravel? That is such a cool idea as hiding places that still allow you to see the fish!

I had never thought of puting in a background, but now that I think about it, it would be nice for hiding the filter hoses and camoflaging the black heater... I think I just might try that in my tank.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:11 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via Yahoo to Karegg
I really like the look of this tank! What plants and equipment do you have in there?
Old 04-12-2008, 07:40 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatatonicBug View Post
Are those just overturned black flower pots half-buried in the gravel? That is such a cool idea as hiding places that still allow you to see the fish!

I had never thought of puting in a background, but now that I think about it, it would be nice for hiding the filter hoses and camoflaging the black heater... I think I just might try that in my tank.
That's actually a black PVC pipe that I used and half buried. It's three pieces at a 2" diameter I think. They were cheap at like .47 each and my red tailed shark loves it! It's awesome to see him swim in one side, peak out the other, turn around swim back.. you should try it!

Karegg - Thanks!

I have a Penguin Biowheel 350. A stealth 200w heater. DIY CO2 and 2x39 watt Current USA lighting one at 10000k the other at 6700k.

The plants I have, well, only three right now but I liked the look so much it was hard to find any more to compliment! They are, 2 ceratopteris thalictroides (indian fern), 3 elodea densa and recently I put a tiny bit of java moss in, I'll see how that does.

Thanks for the compliments guys!
Old 04-15-2008, 04:17 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to Paty
Great lookin tank, MrMalta! Seeing it makes me want to go ahead and use real plants in our first tank! : )

Tags
8 gallon

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com