My Fishies: 30 ga. FW Planted.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey nice pics Nej.

Beautiful fishies ya got there.

What are you using for a camera ?
The pics are amazingly clear.

All live plants. 2 lavaender gouramis, 2 dwarf gouramis, 1 female betta, 3 glass catfish, 5 zebra danios, 1 chinese algae eater. I use an olympus C-3020zoom. 3.2 megapixels. they were 2048x1536 res, but i shrunk em. its 3x optical/ 7.5x digital zoom. Of course the photography is all bc i'm just the best. :twisted: :silly:

i WAS JUST KIDDING ABOUT BEING THE BEST :wink:
GRANT WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY "VERY DIFFERENT"? I GUESS THAT'S GOOD. LOL. I LUV MY FISHIES. I'M STILL FIGURING OUT WHAT O DO WITH THE BACKGROUND SO YOU DONT SEE MY STRANGE WALLS THRU IT. I'M THINKING OF GETTING A PIECE OF PLEXIGLASS AND PAINTING MY OWN BACKDROP.

Looks good to me ;)

Very natural loooking with the earthtone gravel and the plants.

I love the glass cats. I had 4 of them in my tanks when I had freshwater before my salty conversion. Mine where more of a dark/clear color.

Nice setup, Nej! By the way, I LOVE your idea about painting your own background on a piece of plexiglass! It would take a girl to think of something like that! haha (j/k guys)

Nej~
Love the tank! You really did a good job, and those are some happy looking fishes! The tank looks very well cared for, which I think is important. What good is a tank if you have to try and look through murky waters. Gorgeous looking fish! Don't worry about showing off pics, I do it too. If you love your fish, show them off as much as possible is what I say.

Very nice tank, Nej. couple questions though.

Any Co2 injection?

What kinda lighting?

No CO2, no real fertilizer, and just 2 18" regular old cheap flourescant bulbs. I have thick gravel, too. Surprised me that the plants grew as well as they did. I bind their roots up in a loose covering off peat moss abd wrap a rubber band lightly around them before I planted them. Their roots have all pushed past the moss and are spreading through the substrate now. A lot of them are shooting off little tubers so I guess I'm doin something right.

The peat moss is helping, i'm sure. Technically, its not enough light, but if its working for you, great. they sure look healthy.

DIY CO2 is the easiest thing in the world if you are ever interested.

http://www.thekrib.com/Plants/CO2/

Back
Top Bottom