Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Show Off/Photography
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-16-2011, 01:21 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I honestly didn't know, I don't think getting a bigger tank is an option, we don't really have the room, so I'll have to take them back to the fish shop, I do have another 19 litre tank could that's cycled that's empty at the moment, btw the golden rams arnt a breeding pair there's just two of them

Old 07-16-2011, 01:49 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davewint
I honestly didn't know, I don't think getting a bigger tank is an option, we don't really have the room, so I'll have to take them back to the fish shop, I do have another 19 litre tank could that's cycled that's empty at the moment, btw the golden rams arnt a breeding pair there's just two of them
Oh, that's ok then it's really ok. What are your favorite fish in the tank? We can try and develop a stocking list around them.

Old 07-16-2011, 01:56 PM   #13

All 3 rams, the killi fish there the ones I like the most, they seem to have the most va va voom
Old 07-16-2011, 02:04 PM   #14

Quote:
All 3 rams, the killi fish there the ones I like the most, they seem to have the most va va voom
Alright, I can see that. you may could do the 3 rams, 5 killis, and you could pick your favorite schooling fish and do 6 of those. you could also use the 19 liter for one of the bettas (siamese fighter) if you'd like.
Old 07-16-2011, 02:10 PM   #15

The killis are different kinds there's a little red and yellow one with a female of same type and a yellow one about an inch long, the two golden rams are different in colour one is alot lighter than the other, could they actully ba a male n female?
Old 07-16-2011, 02:11 PM   #16

Oh and I was told that a group of female bettas could be kept together
Old 07-16-2011, 02:13 PM   #17

Quote:
The killis are different kinds there's a little red and yellow one with a female of same type and a yellow one about an inch long, the two golden rams are different in colour one is alot lighter than the other, could they actully ba a male n female?
Color really doesn't help much with rams I'm afraid. It's ok though. so do you know which of the schooling fish you'd like to keep? Or would you rather try something new?
Old 07-16-2011, 02:15 PM   #18

Quote:
Oh and I was told that a group of female bettas could be kept together
A group being 6 at least, all by themselves, in a 55 gallon tank males aren't part of this rule
Old 07-16-2011, 02:28 PM   #19

I could keep the glowlight tetras, there quite cool, what do you keep? How can I sex my rams?
Old 07-16-2011, 02:33 PM   #20

Quote:
I could keep the glowlight tetras, there quite cool, what do you keep? How can I sex my rams?
I'm a freshy, possibly about to be a salty lol. I have a 10 gallon and a 29 gallon. The 10 us a QT for the 29 right now, but it'll soon be a display tank with this stocking:
6 harlequin rasboras
3 ottos
2 African Dwarf Frogs
1 male betta

The 29 isn't quite stocked yet, but this is what it will be when it's done:
6 rummynose tetras
6 black skirt tetras
6 orange laser cories
2 Bolivian rams (mated pair)
1 starlight bristlenose pleco
the glowlight tetras would be a really good choice!

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com