My tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Davewint

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This is my tank, nothing special, but it's mine

Attachments

• image-3080903621.jpg
    image-3080903621.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 226
  • image-2193519161.jpg
    image-2193519161.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 218
  • image-12607084.jpg
    image-12607084.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 222
  • image-2676888277.jpg
    image-2676888277.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 229
  • image-1538988260.jpg
    image-1538988260.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 237
  • image-4268992479.jpg
    image-4268992479.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 207
To be honest it's probably abit over stocked but I keep the water clean with regular water changes

I have,

1blue neon ram
Pair of golden rams
3 plattys
4 penguin tetras
4 glow light tetras ( the red ones)
3 killi fish
3 female Siamese fighters
2 glass catfish
2 gouramis
1 Pleco
3 endlers
1 lamp eyes
And the fish in the picture I don't know wat it is

Attachments

• image-742202482.jpg
    image-742202482.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 175
Davewint said:
I have,

1blue neon ram
Pair of golden rams
3 plattys
4 penguin tetras
4 glow light tetras ( the red ones)
3 killi fish
3 female Siamese fighters
2 glass catfish
2 gouramis
1 Pleco
3 endlers
1 lamp eyes

Umm... How big Is this tank?

Davewint said:
75 litres
Is ther too many fish

You have a serious stocking issue... I hate to say it, but you're gonna need to rehome or upgrade a lot of those fish. I'll show you what I'm talking about in a sec.

1blue neon ram (ok)
Pair of golden rams (29 gallon minimum for pair)
3 plattys (ok)
4 penguin tetras (ok, but needs school of 6)
4 glow light tetras ( the red ones) (ok, but needs school of 6)
3 killi fish (ok)
3 female Siamese fighters (one per tank period. 2 need to be moved)
2 glass catfish (needs more friends)
2 gouramis (also one per tank and can't be kept with bettas)
1 Pleco (55 gallon minimum... 75 preferred)
3 endlers (ok)
1 lamp eyes (needs 5 more friends)

So these are
what you could fit in your tank in your tank (not all together)
Ram
Platys
Penguin tetras
Glowlight tetras
Killi fish
Siamese fighter
Gourami
Glass cats
Endlers
Lamp eye tetras

These will need a bigger tank I'm afraid:
Ram pair
Pleco

I'd say you could get away with the 20, a divided 10, a 30 gallon, and a 55 gallon. If not, we can help you make a stocking list, and we can help you find homes for all of them. :)

I honestly didn't know, I don't think getting a bigger tank is an option, we don't really have the room, so I'll have to take them back to the fish shop, I do have another 19 litre tank could that's cycled that's empty at the moment, btw the golden rams arnt a breeding pair there's just two of them

Davewint said:
I honestly didn't know, I don't think getting a bigger tank is an option, we don't really have the room, so I'll have to take them back to the fish shop, I do have another 19 litre tank could that's cycled that's empty at the moment, btw the golden rams arnt a breeding pair there's just two of them

Oh, that's ok then :) it's really ok. What are your favorite fish in the tank? We can try and develop a stocking list around them. :)

All 3 rams, the killi fish there the ones I like the most, they seem to have the most va va voom

Davewint said:
All 3 rams, the killi fish there the ones I like the most, they seem to have the most va va voom

Alright, I can see that. :) you may could do the 3 rams, 5 killis, and you could pick your favorite schooling fish and do 6 of those. :) you could also use the 19 liter for one of the bettas (siamese fighter) if you'd like. :)

The killis are different kinds there's a little red and yellow one with a female of same type and a yellow one about an inch long, the two golden rams are different in colour one is alot lighter than the other, could they actully ba a male n female?

Oh and I was told that a group of female bettas could be kept together

Davewint said:
The killis are different kinds there's a little red and yellow one with a female of same type and a yellow one about an inch long, the two golden rams are different in colour one is alot lighter than the other, could they actully ba a male n female?

Color really doesn't help much with rams I'm afraid. It's ok though. :) so do you know which of the schooling fish you'd like to keep? Or would you rather try something new?

Davewint said:
Oh and I was told that a group of female bettas could be kept together

A group being 6 at least, all by themselves, in a 55 gallon tank ;) males aren't part of this rule :)

I could keep the glowlight tetras, there quite cool, what do you keep? How can I sex my rams?

Davewint said:
I could keep the glowlight tetras, there quite cool, what do you keep? How can I sex my rams?

I'm a freshy, possibly about to be a salty lol. I have a 10 gallon and a 29 gallon. The 10 us a QT for the 29 right now, but it'll soon be a display tank with this stocking:
6 harlequin rasboras
3 ottos
2 African Dwarf Frogs
1 male betta

The 29 isn't quite stocked yet, but this is what it will be when it's done:
6 rummynose tetras
6 black skirt tetras
6 orange laser cories
2 Bolivian rams (mated pair)
1 starlight bristlenose pleco
:) the glowlight tetras would be a really good choice! :)

Back
Top Bottom