My Very First Flower!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wabyrd

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm so incredibly excited about this. It's the very first time I've had a plant flower in one of my tanks. Here's the first picture where the bud hasn't opened yet. I imagine in the next 24-48 hours it should be opened and I'll have a new picture to post. I also have pictures of all my tanks on my website at http://www.billandheather.net/the_fish.htm that are up to date.
Here's the flower:
flower.jpg

Bill

that looks really cool!. i always thought the flower would go up over the water before opening. but i guess i was wrong

Ok, I was hoping to have another flower pic to post, but it's really taking it's time blooming. Since this is my first time, does anyone have any ideas how long it is going to take for it to fully bloom?

I am not all that familiar with freshwater aquarium plants, what type is that?

It's Cabomba, but I'm not sure the exact species. I think the carolina species, I may be wrong.

when my anubias got a flower, it had a bud for about a week before it opened. Be patient, it will happen soon!!! Good pic too! I didn't know cabomba flowered.

And that shrimp on your web site is an amano shrimp or Caridina japonica :)

There's actually 3 species of cabomba that will flower, but I'm not sure exactly which one I have. I have a really great book that I use for reference, but I've loaned it to a friend temporarily. I'll post the exact species when I get my book back. Anubias flowers? I have some anubias nana. Does that species flower? I've got two pretty healthy nana plants, but never noticed a bud. Of course, it's just now getting to the healthy stage. It's had some problems in the not too distant past. :D

SWEET! I'll have to keep an eye on mine. I just moved one of mine a little closer to the CO2 source and out from under some of the shade that covered it. Maybe I'll see some buds now.

Back
Top Bottom