need ideas for a 30 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spawn123

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have 2 baby tiger odcsrs in there and just need some cool ideas to spice it up

ForumRunner_20130401_180748.jpg

ForumRunner_20130401_180735.jpg

From what I've learned, 1 tiger Oscar will need a 75 gallon by itself, 55 gallon at the very very minimum, so really since u have 2 oscars... None...

There babys I just have them there for the mean time till I get my 55 gallon tank

They'll still need larger than a 55 for 2. Your going to have a large bioload with those 2 in the aquarium, and they could get aggressive toward eachother in that size tank. I'm not trying to upset you, I just wouldn't do it. If you insist on another fish, maybe a bristle nose pleco. But they are massive bioload alone. R u planning on upgrading after the 55?

Yea after they get a little bigger and I have a question its ok to put Mountain crystals in the tank cause someone told me it might kill them

Ok thanks but you never gave me any advice on what to do with my tank.

Oh!! sorry! Well with the black substrate, I think some colorful plants would look great, bigger in the back and smaller in the front. (fake or real) Real plants would depend on what type of lighting your have. Otherwise, I love the look of driftwood in a tank.

If you want to look at my profile for some ideas (but I don't have black substrate though).

Here are some youtube videos of tanks with black substrate:
125 Gallon Turtle/Fish Tank Update: Black Gravel - YouTube

my freshwater aquarium (new black gravel) - YouTube

Juwel aquarium 60 Black gravel 2 - YouTube

To answer your original question:

Try painting the background or adding some type of background. I say black would look good.

Maybe a nice piece of driftwood and some river rocks on the ground to make it look more natural.

You've been advised on your stock and what they require so I won't go into that. I'll just address your original questions

Also, you can but construction paper and put it behind the tank to see what colors you like but it will his the wires and wall and help make your tank and fish more of a focal point. When looking at your tank now I see a filter and wires. It kinda distracts you from the tank.

Side note. Try rotating your pictures, there sideways :)

EDIT:

Also try using all the same type of rock instead of all different kinds, you might like that look.

Reactions: SKB
To answer your original question:

Try painting the background or adding some type of background. I say black would look good.

Maybe a nice piece of driftwood and some river rocks on the ground to make it look more natural.

You've been advised on your stock and what they require so I won't go into that. I'll just address your original questions

Also, you can but construction paper and put it behind the tank to see what colors you like but it will his the wires and wall and help make your tank and fish more of a focal point. When looking at your tank now I see a filter and wires. It kinda distracts you from the tank.

Side note. Try rotating your pictures, there sideways :)

EDIT:

Also try using all the same type of rock instead of all different kinds, you might like that look.

I took advice from this dude ha

Back
Top Bottom