Post your full tank shot here.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That sounds better. But if you could find more things for them to cling to then that fan i might shoot for 2 pairs.

Etunes, I have the sea fan and some nice, clingable macro algaes scattered around (will upload photos soon). Anything else you might suggest for them?

Well they will cling on the live roch but anything that is stringy like that they will cling too. Stiff things like the sea fan works well though. Corals work well to. Here is a good care guide.
seahorse.org - Care Guide

Oh man, that site is like my holy grail! I must visit at least once a day when a new question arises. I've read almost every article posted on there by now. : ) Thanks for your help!

My upgraded tank

Finally set-up my tank into a 72 gallon Bowfront.
Marineland C360 canister
300watt Stealth Pro heater
48 inch Coralife Freshwater CF light 4x65watt 6700K
2 blue moon lights
Pool Filter Sand
:D

Attachments

• 25485_1379627137769_1444635291_31048490_3300463_n.jpg
    25485_1379627137769_1444635291_31048490_3300463_n.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 268
Pics of my 110 gallon

Here is a pic of my 110. It's a tad overgrown, LOL. Gutting the tank today and will reposition a lot of the plants.

img_1086210_0_25710158831a5974f43197532f461d81.jpg

After Pruning.

So made a few changes and cut everything back, still not happy with the layout and I need some different plants; maybe some more stems, definitely some reds, although they don't do well in my tank. Maybe due to the depth of the tank. However, everything in the tank to date is doing very well.

img_1086669_0_e0be6e572f3b98e15401a0eeea436126.jpg

My new 5.5 gallon betta sorority!

So this won't be quite as impressive as the green beauty of a tank above this, but I have finally got my first-ever tank put together in a way that I want to share on here! I think it looks pretty good.

I have three girls in it, but I had to put in a divider to separate one from the others, because they were teaming up against her and chasing/nipping her all the time.

For the record, the tank is lit with a temporary desk lamp behind it just for the sake of the photos - I don't actually have a light on the tank at all for the moment. Which may be just as well - the combination of the light and the blue background paper seemed to make intimidating reflections and the girls spent the whole photo shoot flaring at themselves!

These photos are courtesy of my dad, who is a great photographer, even though he said these pics weren't as nice as he had hoped. I think they came out nicely! I will advertise for him - check out his site: www.edcreadenphotography.com :)

So here is the overall tank:
814732920_tgRMb-O.jpg

Here is Gwen, who spends 99% of her time swimming and flipping in the (gentle) current. She was very difficult to catch on camera!
814732763_JbSFZ-O.jpg

This is Aquaneesha (who was named by my roommate - I can't take any credit), who is a crowntail female, and the most dominant in the tank:
814732831_abeWt-O.jpg

And last but not least, my favorite is Piper, the one who got picked on by the other two and now gets her own quiet section of the tank:
814732873_MzMyM-O.jpg

Thanks for viewing! And for all your help and advice getting it set up. :)

They're beautiful! And as you all probably know, I have a weakness for bettas...lol. How is the divider working out? I use a desk light on one of mine, and I put it to shine over the top, and it makes less of a reflection for them. When I first put the new background on, I had to turn it around because my red betta thought the fake plant pics were someone to fight. :)

Back
Top Bottom