Replanted 55 cichlid tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DragonFish71

Great white snark
So I finally got my live plants ordered and replanted our 55g cichlid tank. Here's a couple of pictures. The before shots are in my albums if you want to see the difference. Enjoy.

Attachments

• 55replant1.jpg
    55replant1.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 126
  • 55replant2.jpg
    55replant2.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 108
Looks good. Is that a different background on there than just glass? What is the blue stuff on the top?

Looks good. Is that a different background on there than just glass? What is the blue stuff on the top?

Thanks. Yes, it's just a background we got at Petsmart that has rock formations with a little bit of "sky" showing. I'm not a fan of it but my boyfriend really liked it.

Truth be told if I had the room I would set my tank up along a wall and either have a background on it or paint the outside glass-so I think it looks good. Right now mine is set up on a counter so you can see both sides... makes it a challenge to arrange all the plants and filters and stuff to make it look OK from 3 sides.

You may want to change from the blue tape to a clear packing tape though :)

Truth be told if I had the room I would set my tank up along a wall and either have a background on it or paint the outside glass-so I think it looks good. Right now mine is set up on a counter so you can see both sides... makes it a challenge to arrange all the plants and filters and stuff to make it look OK from 3 sides.

You may want to change from the blue tape to a clear packing tape though :)

It's not blue packing tape, there's no tape holding this on. It's part of the background, a "blue sky" effect.

With our 40 my boyfriend painted the back flat black and it looks great. Our other tanks just have black back grounds. But for the 55 he really liked this one of the rock formations and sky so he bought it.

lol. Easily. A swarm of neons, a swarm of corys and call it good.

Got the idea of the swarm for our LFS. They have a 115g filled with plants, DW and neons. All for show, nothing from that tank is for sale. The way they all moved together was just way too cool.

Back
Top Bottom