Show Off Your Ram Cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This photo was taken in 2007. Back then I belonged to the Capital Cichlid Association and impulse bought my first pairs of rams at one of the meeting auctions, probably paid a couple of dollars.

Never kept them before, brought them home and put the pair in an planted, fishless 5g. Surprisingly they did incredibly well, spawned, lived for quite a few years. Haven't had luck like that since with rams.

img_3185957_0_62563633528b65e48a5ebb2174e623b6.jpg

This photo was taken in 2007. Back then I belonged to the Capital Cichlid Association and impulse bought my first pairs of rams at one of the meeting auctions, probably paid a couple of dollars.

Never kept them before, brought them home and put the pair in an planted, fishless 5g. Surprisingly they did incredibly well, spawned, lived for quite a few years. Haven't had luck like that since with rams.

img_3186007_0_62563633528b65e48a5ebb2174e623b6.jpg

That's a stud there!! Good stock makes all the difference.. should make that a disclaimer for anyone considering a pair in a 5gal:p

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Nope... electric blue acara..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That was probably it because there was a word between "blue" and "ram" I just couldn't remember what it was. I feel bad for the fish though it is in a tiny tank and I have seen it at the same store without fry two months ago. I wish I had the money for it.

Back
Top Bottom