Whos got guppies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Okay from left to right...

Pic 1-
Half black red
Gold bodied red
Above them is I'm guessing a red snake morph or a multi

Pic 2-
Half black blue
Red snakeskin morph

Pic 3-
Half Black Blue

The blue one isn't black it just looks that way. And the one one the right of the first pic is solid orange. And the snake one you called it is like the cobra and had spots

kwandrsn said:
The blue one isn't black it just looks that way. And the one one the right of the first pic is solid orange. And the snake one you called it is like the cobra and had spots

The blue one is still a half black blue it just doesn't have the really dark coloring. The orange one is probably just a not as colorful gold bodied red(also can be known as a three quarter red). The snakeskin is hard to tell because I need a really close photo to see the exact tail patterning but I have a guppy that looks like your yellow one and would probably be classified a a multi. As far as I know, cobras and snake skins are the exact same thing. Google cobra guppy then do snakeskin guppy and several of the same guppies will come up. Its a matter of preference what you call them.

The two you called snakeskin were purchased as cobra the rest were called fancy. The yellow one looks like a snake skin a googled . The orange one doesn't have spotted body like the other

kwandrsn said:
The two you called snakeskin were purchased as cobra the rest were called fancy. The yellow one looks like a snake skin a googled . The orange one doesn't have spotted body like the other

Okay, so I looked it up and I'm pretty sure cobras are just snakeskins minus the body patterning. Where did you buy them? Stores can label strains as whatever they want and some are just completely different. I know petsmart tends to label guppies as cobras but some are actually snakeskins- at least that's what my store does.

The yellow is definitely a snakeskin and the red/orange one is a half black cobra I think

These are a couple of my guppies. I have two female spawn of that mother in the tank with the male and trying to breed his strain.. Snakeskin or leopard?? I am not quite sure..

Attachments

• IMG_1099.jpg
    IMG_1099.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 126
Wow that's so weird my guppy has the same tail. It's yellow with spots but at different angles it looks blue! And it's body is spotted just like that too

Back
Top Bottom