Wiggler from my First Pl*co Spawn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guppyman

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Greetings. This little critter was kicked out of the cave a bit early, by the dad. I am keeping it with some just hatched Cory wigglers. This is my first pl*co spawn, ever and it is very exciting. Don't ask me what kind. I have no idea, beyond Ancistrus. :-( - Frank

unknown_pl-co_fry_hr.jpg

It's a superstition among some fish keepers. I've heard that the belief is that if you spell pleco rather than pl*co, you can bring bad luck or death to your fish.

Geeeze Neilan, I'm a saltie and knew that! This is the first time I have seen it in about a year. I think this topic came up early last year. Hmmm, maybe even the year before that.

Well - I learned something today - never knew - never saw - a fry before. Pretty amazing stuff - and this grows up to a pleco huh? I would never have guessed --- way cool, my son needs to see this. ---- And by the way, where the heck did they get the name "fry" for baby fish.

I can't say I am superstitious about it. I can't wait till you get some more pics Frank. I would love to be able to take pictures like you do.

South Philly

Well - I learned something today - never knew - never saw - a fry before. Pretty amazing stuff - and this grows up to a pleco huh? I would never have guessed --- way cool, my son needs to see this. ---- And by the way, where the heck did they get the name "fry" for baby fish.
Hey warped1. I'm a South Philly boy. Used to live at 6th and Catherine, overtop Joey Merlino's club house. He moved in and I moved out. Next thing I knew there were gun battles in the street outside. Too, funny. - Frank

Pics

I can't say I am superstitious about it.
I used to be an actor. We're superstitious about everything. lol.
I can't wait till you get some more pics Frank.
I'm shooting Celestial Pearl Danios, tomorrow. Hope to have something nice to share.
I would love to be able to take pictures like you do.
All it takes is practice, but honestly - lots of it. :) Be well. - Frank

Back
Top Bottom