Your favourite fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here are a few pictures of one of my crowntails. It looks like he is missing a lot of his fins, especially the tail. In fact, the fins are clear, so they are hard to photograph. I think you can see them in one of the pics.

Anyway, my wife said I should name him after I picked him up. At first I thought it ridiculous since they won't come if you call them, but she insisted. I thought for a minute and came up with a smart alec answer.

I told her that he looked Irish so I named him Gill-bert Fin-negan. The name stuck.

Just added some videos to YT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPrn_hYUgc4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ny-YFTJb8G8

Last edited:
Great looking fish everyone..
I'll add one of mine,,,but its hard to pick a favorite fish..i like em all;)
6003155054_7e0e969111_z.jpg

Well i am sorry to ruin this party, but mine is not much of a fish, but he does live in an aquarium.
His aquarium is right by my computer and he is a Hammers Cobalt Blue Lobster (Procambarus sp.). And he thinks the desk that his aquarium sits on is all his, when the aquarium take up less then half of the desk.
Here are two pics of him.

img_1480872_0_82d8ec3fc762d74648254ed8f39e612e.jpg

img_1480872_1_f101d1aa118f529e959a52643184b43f.jpg

Here are a few pictures of one of my crowntails. It looks like he is missing a lot of his fins, especially the tail. In fact, the fins are clear, so they are hard to photograph. I think you can see them in one of the pics.

Anyway, my wife said I should name him after I picked him up. At first I thought it ridiculous since they won't come if you call them, but she insisted. I thought for a minute and came up with a smart alec answer.

I told her that he looked Irish so I named him Gill-bert Fin-negan. The name stuck.

Just added some videos to YT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPrn_hYUgc4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ny-YFTJb8G8

That is an amazing looking betta! Does he always flare like that though?

So, that was supposed to say "that's an amazing betta! does he always flare like that though"?

I see him quite often flared out, maybe he can see his reflection but I'm not sure. However, when I took these I had placed a small mirror against the side of the tank. It drove him a little crazy. He stayed flared for almost half an hour after I took the mirror away. and I only had it up there for a little over a minute.

I used the mirror mostly because of the videos I took. I wanted some action, and I sure got it.

Well i am sorry to ruin this party, but mine is not much of a fish, but he does live in an aquarium.
His aquarium is right by my computer and he is a Hammers Cobalt Blue Lobster (Procambarus sp.). And he thinks the desk that his aquarium sits on is all his, when the aquarium take up less then half of the desk.
Here are two pics of him.

img_1481086_0_82d8ec3fc762d74648254ed8f39e612e.jpg

img_1481086_1_f101d1aa118f529e959a52643184b43f.jpg

He's a beautiful specimen. Very nice pic.

cejones94 said:
My kenyi...he's thinks that he is bigger than he really is. He's the dominant fish even with a sevrum and 2tinfoils plus 2 sharks

Great looking fish! Looks a lot like my female lombardoi! ;)

My freshwater lionfish and my stingray :)

Attachments

• image-3702353243.jpg
    image-3702353243.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 265
  • image-2206256873.jpg
    image-2206256873.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 236
Nice featherfin bully! Mine looks to be about the size of yours, but his dorsal isn't as tall.

Yep, just one. My aquarium isn't large enough (20 gallon long) for more than the one. I'm away from home now, but I'll try to post a pick when I get back.

Wow. You guys all have really awesome fish! That featherfin is really something! :) These are my three way tie for fav fish:
First my pictus Mr. Miyagi, and then my pair of convicts Luna and Neville <3

Attachments

• image-674739140.jpg
    image-674739140.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 134
  • image-1639550472.jpg
    image-1639550472.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 158
Love looking at pics of everybody's fish...
so ,is it ok to post more than just your "favorite" ones:)...I have lots i'd like to share,,but don't want to clutter up the thread

FTMMWS said:
Love looking at pics of everybody's fish...
so ,is it ok to post more than just your "favorite" ones:)...I have lots i'd like to share,,but don't want to clutter up the thread

Me too. Go for it :)

Back
Top Bottom