1985 magnavox tv tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jjb1980ny

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Its not done yet, but what I can tell you is it is totally self contained it holds 5.5 gallons and I used the original screen that i cut so its not like some no talent hack just shoved an aquarium into a tv set. More to come when its up and fishy filled not just thee H20 which is about all it currently has, well substrate, an air stone, and a cool boat! oh and ill just apologize now for any of yall that shoved the aquarium in to the tv set and said done oh and i wanna send a shout out to marineland for building the penguin 350 junk (worst HOB ever) which inspired me to custom build all my filters my filters out perform almost all others and the one type i make youll look right at it and not know ur seeing a filter and both types of filters i build are in tank. Im gonna hang my hat up for the night i'll get my filter show off pix up tomorow. what you really cant wait that long? ebay item number 201071979119 will get you a sneek peek

Attachments

• 2014-04-11_21-32-09_804.jpg
    2014-04-11_21-32-09_804.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 162
That is so cool! I can just imagine using the existing knob for a light dimmer or such!
I have a good imagination, I just wish I had the nuts to pull it off like this. :(

Thanks, and from all the experience I've had with led lights they don't dim well they tend to burn out well before they should when you try to dim them.I was however gonna use the original button for the on-off of the lights, but I forgot to put is back in before I installed the glass.

Well by all means show them and also I just got 60 some pieces of plate glass and im picking up a console tv tomorrow. So more to come

Back
Top Bottom