350 to 400 gal. Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CrazyArowana

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Well I've decided to make my self a tank somewhere around 350 to 400 galllons. Maybe even a little bit bigger. This is a fairly large project so I though that I would take it to the forums, for more imput. Btw my name is Derek.

So to get to the point, I'm not exactly sure on everything that needs to be done to complete this project. Like how think the glass would need to be in order to support the weight, or if it needs to be specially treated. I am also woundering what types of silicon or glue would be strong enough to hold back this emense ammount of water. As for a frame, I am thinking about making steel frame, but am not entire sure of how think the steel should be, 1/4" mabye? If anyone has experience in making a tank of this size I'd love the help.

Welcome to AA!
That is one heck of a project. I've never seen a hand built glass or acrylic tank that big. I wouldn't even want to look at prices of 1" acrylic. Have you thought about 3 sides plywood and the front acrylic? I've seen a few tanks done like that.

Plywood and glass will be much cheaper than all glass or all acrylic.

I'm making it all glass, I shouldn't be too costly I can get deals on glass since I know someone who works at a glass manufacture.

Back
Top Bottom