3D background .... my first attempt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks cool assuming of course all that stuff your spraying on there is aquarium safe. I like the background on my Fluval Flora that would be a fun project for my next tank. I have a tone of that pink insulation in the garage also.

Patience is a virtue....if one is willing to be patient, you can actually soak the background for a month or so to leach out the majority of chemicals in the concrete...but the quikrete seems like a more viable option. Im gonna start this project when I get back into town on the 23rd

I'm going to use Sikatop 107 for mine its a 2 part waterproof sealer that is nontoxic and safe to use on potable water sources like fish tanks :), it's mainly used to seal water tanks . You can also safely color it with concrete dyes. Only has about a 3-4 cure time.

This thread has had me thinking of trying to make one for my 125g for my cichlids. It actually seems do-able reading this thread. lol

Back
Top Bottom