5,236.4 gallon tank build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And you seem to know what you want.
Also 5 feet of height compared to 6 feet won't make a difference for angels lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
But didn't you already tell us the dimensions?
And you seem to know what you want.
Also 5 feet of height compared to 6 feet won't make a difference for angels lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lets say i build it so its like 5 feet long 5 feet wide and like 30 feet tall well the awowanas wouldn't relay like that

I'm just wondering how a cycle would go for a tank that large. I think the only way would be to heavily plant it immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'm just wondering how a cycle would go for a tank that large. I think the only way would be to heavily plant it immediately.

I'd assume just like any other tank but on a much larger scale. Dose bottles of ammonia let the cycle run its course. Fishless would save tons on water changes over fish in

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Although arowana an rays are pretty nice to. I have a local science center that has this huge aquarium section one tank has a lungfish, some stingrays, an arowana, some vampire tetras, and some other large fish.

Hey, snakeheads are pretty cool.

i may get some if they would work in the tank, its so sad you see them offten in tanks that are only twice there size.

Lol bass is for wimps. Arowana and Rays!

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS
i agree i like the idea of arowana and rays
Please stay on topic members. No chit chat and if you want to participate do so in a respectful constructive way. Thank you.

thank you. yes please do.

i need to fin some mid level fish.

Alligator Gar.

Gold datnoid

Red tail barracuda

Tin foil barbs

Silver dollars

Tire track eels

Bala Sharks

Chalceus

Red belly piranha tank (now THAT would be cool!)

Knifefish.

Just some suggestions I define let wouldn't combine all those lol it would be a bloodbath

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I'm curious (this is not an attack) how old are you livefishguy? If you are still a minor I think this tank is not going to become viable until after colleague, because this thing would have lots of upkeep, unless you have someone maintain it for you, which wouldn't cost anything near the cost of the tank.

Alligator Gar.

Gold datnoid

Red tail barracuda

Tin foil barbs

Silver dollars

Tire track eels

Bala Sharks

Chalceus

Red belly piranha tank (now THAT would be cool!)

Knifefish.

Just some suggestions I define let wouldn't combine all those lol it would be a bloodbath

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

you almost gave me a heart attack until I read the "don't combine all of them" (y)

I think it would be awesome to have a knife fish tank with a few peaceful large fish. Or an oddball tank (freshwater soles, freshwater eels, etc). My friend loves oddball fish and has a black ghost knife fish and a peacock eel with a freshwater sole on order from a LFS.

How about some peacock bass

Or just go saltwater and do some bamboo sharks or rays.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Imagine the cost for plumbing and sump of that.... even DIY would cost a fortune.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Back
Top Bottom