55 gallon stand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

philab1709

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Still in progress need crossbraces for the top but what does everyone think of the structure

Looks very sturdy. Nice job. Are you planning on adding an exterior? Looks good

Absolutely I have dark hardwood 1x6's I'm goin to run vertically around it then putting a door in the center and one on either end and I'm trimming it out

The legs are my design so I really wanted some input in the construction but I think its pretty.solid

philab1709 said:
The legs are my design so I really wanted some input in the construction but I think its pretty.solid

It looks like it would hold a tank. Thanks for sharing and I am looking forward to updates.

Yeah, w/3 2x4s on each corner, you will have no issues. In fact if anything, its a bit of overkill. I've got a 65gal sitting on nothing but 3/4" plywood and 120 tanks sitting on two at each corner, so you're good to go.

Put trim up today but I really don't like it, tearing it off and getting a nicer crown molding type. Any ideas for rounded corners? I have a 2 yr old...

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111108_185313.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111108_185313.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 117
Looks great to me... You could use a jigsaw to round the sharp corners for safety or pad them with high density foam. That way when the baby is bigger, remove the foam.

Back
Top Bottom