55 gallon sump.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's an interesting tidbit. I find with a bubble trap (though mine is only two baffles) bubbles still occasionally find their way into the DT. If this happens, I think a simple piece of glass/plexiglass right beside the return pump would fix it.

In ASCII art...

||| |(pump)

Where ||| represents the baffles, | would be the part right before the pump and the (pump) would be the pump (unless you have it external).

Just got my skimmer. This thing is huge . I'm starting to think a 40 breeder tank would fit better . How much would this hurt my filtration if I do the 40 not the 55?

well given the foot print of the 40 breeder, i say your better off scrapping the 55 if its an option. square inches, 40 breeder is bigger. granted you loose potential water volume, but im running my 40b sump 3 inches from the top of the tank and ive got it all set up not to overflow on a power out.

but im sure there is someone out there with better input than me.

Ok also about the skimmers gate valve I don't hook the pipe from my overflow to that do I? I think it's just the exhaust water so I'm not sure here is a pic of it

Hey twitch can you hook me up with the dimensions of the 40 breeder so I can see even if this skimmer would work for that tank .thanks

40 breeder is 36 long 16 high and 18 wide.

yeah gate valve is water exhaust to dial in your skim mate. no need to plumb it over to the next chamber.

Ok I just had a whole tube of silicone come out the wrong end of the caulking gun lol it's everywhere. Thanks twitch

This sump tank I have with the broken frame has been sitting full with water since I picked it up Monday. I'm wondering if it's ok to use it now. Maybe i can glue my own acrylic cross member on it .any thoughts on that?

should be good. thats basically the same thing. my 125 is one of the older style ones with the glass piece just siliconed in place for a center brace.

Ok I figure after the baffles and the brace are in it would be strong enough . Thanks twitch. my girl is going to be mad I'm working on my tank all night lol.

Back
Top Bottom