75gallon stand and canopy complete

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pic of sump and opening "fits like a glove" :D Hope you enjoy my project as much as I do. Im very pleased with how it turned out. If you have any questions plz let me know. Thanks for looking!

The only thing I see wrong is that I can see the tanks plastic trim, I probably would have hade the canopy and stand's trim hide it, bot other than that...Excellent job!! 100 kudos ;)

Looks good Gooy, just wondering what kind of wood you chose.I'm going to need to make a canopy for my 10 gal to keep out my little tike.Its fw now and you can't kill those fish, he's put everything in there and they keep ticking but I'm going to be making it a sw nano(seahorse/pipefish??) and don't wnat him getting in there :D

Just use pine alot cheaper than oak trust me on that! I made an oak stand man that was expensive but that was for a 30 gallon, if you want the oak look build the inside pine and outside a oak veneered plywood. :wink: I think that will keep the little rascal outt there.
RR the reason i didnt cover up the trim is the fact the wood matched great with the tank, and also i didnt want water getting inside the trim from dipping and running down the tank. This way its flush and easier to get the water out otherwise the water would sit in there and eventually eat through the polyacrylic (because of salt) and i didnt want to make a nice stand and have it warped and ruined in a year. Thanks for the input guys keep it coming! :D

Back
Top Bottom