Best way to fire PC lights...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GodOSoot

Aquarium Advice Regular
Making a DIY Hood and want to know what the best way would be to fire 2 65 watt bulbs and one 55 watt. They are straight pin.

I looked at Ahsupply but wanted other options.

Wondering if this wouldn't be better in the equipment forum...or DIY forum, I think your gonna need some techie help. I can't answer your question except to say I would buy a retro kit for the ballast and wiring and endcaps you'll need, but there may be a good way to DIY.

I'll leave the post here unless you specify that you want it moved.

you can use any electronic ballast thats designed to handle the amount of watts you want..

there are wiring diagams and a ballasts selection wizard on fulhams website (the maker of he WH seires of ballasts)

If you look at the specs of the work horse ballast suggested by there site it will give you an idea what ballast or ballasts you will need.

off hand I would suggest a 4-F32T8 and a 2-F32T8 for standard electronic ballasts or a work horse 7 but not using all of its power leads.. wich ever is cheapest..

If you need more detailed help with your project you can click the email button under my post, I dont subsribe to threads (look at my post count, My inbox would be dead ;) ) But I do answer PM's and e-mails even if Im not actively posting here on the board.
Id be happy to help :)

Back
Top Bottom