Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > DIY Projects

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 11-09-2005, 07:58 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict
If you add a DIY bubblecounter/gas separator and put that in a stiff plastic bottle it will reduce or eliminate the possibility of collapsing your yeast and sucking stuff into your tank.

In case you do manage to get excess CO2 (causing a PH crash), then having an air pump and air stone handy to force the CO2 out of the water could be handy.

Zezmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 12:29 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic
I thought of putting a on/off valve at each generator, (to prevent CO2 loss when changing 2L bottles) but decided not too. I don't want to risk forgetting to "open" one and blowing up a 2L bottle! Keep it simple.

hashbaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 07:51 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via MSN to ringfinger
Hey azn_fishy55,
I'm not sure if you are still trying to make your own diffuser, but this might be a good chance to buy one. The site, http://www.plantguild.com/ , is selling the power reactor you had a picture of for $32.50 plus about $5 shipping. Just click on the "specials" button to find it. Very reasonable if you have the spare cash. It looks like these models have a small crack in the cylinder which has been solvent welded. They would work perfectly, and cost less than the $50 original price.
ringfinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 07:23 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via AIM to azn_fishy55
well 32.50...37.50 is alot of money spending on a diffuser. I could make one my self for at least half the price!

=] ~:Andrew:~ [=
azn_fishy55 is offline   Reply With Quote

co2, diffuser, diy, diy co2

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com