Best way to get CO2 bubbles out in all the aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elroy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,

In a short while I will add CO2 to my tank. I will set it up like u see in the picture:

The CO2 setup will be a standard setup. Filter is pumping out at upper right side - the CO2 will pump out through a diffuser at lower left side. That will ensure a good circulation, I guess. But not enough. I think I will loose a lot CO2 in the surface.

Now Im thinking what will be the best way to get the bubbles out in all of the aquarium - without loosing them in the surface? Therefore I will place a Oase StreamMax pump over the diffuser in the upper left side, to get the bubbles round. How do that sound?

Regards Elroy

Attachments

• Aquarium-CO2 setup.jpg
    Aquarium-CO2 setup.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 21
That will work, but there are other ways.

1. What size tank do you have?
2. What filtration do you have? Hang on Back, canister, other
3. Any DIY skills with PVC pipe?

1: I have a 350 liter tank
2: Filtration is a internal Rockzolid River module modified as a filter. Contains 10 liter bio-elements, 2 types of filter and a powerhead to do the water-pump work.
3: No

Ok, that is a big tank, roughly 92 gallons. I am unfamiliar with your RockZolid filter, but you can install the CO2 according to your diagram, it’ll be fine, but I would put the diffuser in the rear central area of the tank and provide ample water circulation to ensure the CO2 mixes well in the aquarium. It doesn’t have to be a jet stream,…just enough to circulate the water.
Monitor your pH and aim for 6.8-7.0 optimal level. To do this you can use a pH test kit, mount a drop checker on the glass, or use a pH controller. Using a pH test is the fastest way to check your pH level, but it can become a hassle constantly checking the water. A drop checker, which is what I used, is less laborious and provides a nice, constant pH visual, but it does take some time to change color. Just ensure you adjust Bubbles Per Minute (BPM) slowly over a few days period to find the correct dosage. DO NOT OVERDOSE OR YOU WILL KILL THE FISH! The most accurate, fastest, and most expensive route is to purchase a pH controller. A pH controller will automatically maintain proper pH level in the tank by turning the CO2 ON and OFF when necessary.
I hope this helps.

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

I will place the diffuser in the rear central area, and see how it turns out. Im aware of the CO2 toxicity and do have a dropchecker. Just turned up the volume to 120 dpm and it is still green. And Im aware of the two hrs responce time. Ill skip the PH controller, for now.

Regards

Elroy

Back
Top Bottom