DIY Shop light mounting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ok so i just got the light and setup it up and timed so here is my review. First there is no english instructions but timing it isnt that hard now the legs on the other hand are a pain idk how your supposed to do it but if you have a normal rimmed tank its a big pain bc no matter how far you screw out the bolts that hold the light to the tank it wont go on so i put mine on the tank first just got to take it in at a angle. next the legs are made of plastic and seem sketchy might end up just setting it on my glass top bc i cant use my glass top with the legs. ok so next there is a bracket you gotta loosen and slide on the back to slide on to the legs, if you put the legs on first this is a pain when you try to slide these peices on to the legs. other then that it seems nice. i timed it so that 2 t5s are on for 8 hours then in the middle of that the last t5 kicks on for 4 hours to simulate the peak of the day. then currently i have the leds on all night but kinda think that will wear them out quick so i might just run them for a few hours at night.

p.s. put the memory save battery in b4 you plug it in and time it otherwise you will have to do it again.

I will post pics in my thread tonight the lady was out all night and had the camera and my phone don't do it justice its under 55 gallon planted angel tank

azure bones said:
ok so i just got the light and setup it up and timed so here is my review. First there is no english instructions but timing it isnt that hard now the legs on the other hand are a pain idk how your supposed to do it but if you have a normal rimmed tank its a big pain bc no matter how far you screw out the bolts that hold the light to the tank it wont go on so i put mine on the tank first just got to take it in at a angle. next the legs are made of plastic and seem sketchy might end up just setting it on my glass top bc i cant use my glass top with the legs. ok so next there is a bracket you gotta loosen and slide on the back to slide on to the legs, if you put the legs on first this is a pain when you try to slide these peices on to the legs. other then that it seems nice. i timed it so that 2 t5s are on for 8 hours then in the middle of that the last t5 kicks on for 4 hours to simulate the peak of the day. then currently i have the leds on all night but kinda think that will wear them out quick so i might just run them for a few hours at night.

p.s. put the memory save battery in b4 you plug it in and time it otherwise you will have to do it again.

Hmmm bothers me about the legs on there. :/ I get mine on Thursday.

azure bones said:
I mean it seems like they will hold just fine but there not medal or even thick plastic

Hopefully it will fit fine on my tank. How's the lighting on it??

Back
Top Bottom