Halide Pendant Paint Flaking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Atari

Aquarium Advice Addict
Arcadia Pendant Coating Flaking Off

I have an old Arcadia 2x250w Halide pendant that has considerable flaking on the underside and was wondering if anyone could suggest what sort of paint would be suitable to use on it? I've seen some high temp paints around but was unsure if they would be safe for livestock if there was occasional water splashes that could leech out chemicals.

16ih7a8.jpg

Last edited:
try using the kinda paint they use to paint engine blocks and parts on cars. it comes as a spray or in a can to use with a brush. it withstands high temps and cracking, you can get it in all sorts of clors and finish's, some are even made to be reflective like chrome is. you can find it any auto parts store or possib;y some place like walmart. I believe dupli color makes it.

I forgot to mention about the chemical leaching you asked about. if you do feel it will leach chemicals you could also check for the marine forms of that type of paint, which is commonly used on boats or anything that stays in water. try contacting someone at a company like dupli color they should know more about the leaching propertys than anyone else would. they might even be able to reccomend a protective sealent you can apply or another product to use. Also try contacting to company who made the light to see what kind of paint they used when they made it. HTH let me know how it turns out!

Back
Top Bottom